MS Word Timeline- History of Computers
(adapted from Mrs. Nasto’s Computer Site)
- Use your earbuds to listen to the audio as you research the History of Computers with an online timeline.
- Open MS Word. Save as "FirstL-timeline-HR" in the Shared folder.
- Take notes and write down the 4 most important events and the year.
- Watch the video (below) to learn about using the Ribbon to locate Drawing Tools in MS Word 2007.
- Using the Illustrations Group in the Ribbon, create a timeline in MS Word and map the 4 years, labeling the events.
- Please identify the year then paraphrase the event in your own words.
- Change page setup to Landscape (File>>>Page Setup)
- Use a computer heading make a title for the timeline using WordArt.
- Check spelling first, then add clipart to match your events.
- Change the thickness of the line.
- Add Page Border using Format>>Border and Shading>>Page Border Tab.
- Tip: Group objects using drawing toolbar>>>Group
- When finished, check with the Rubric for completeness.
- Turn in project by renaming with the word "final" at the end.
PRINT VERSION OF THESE DIRECTIONS